Thursday, March 09, 2006

Superman's Salvation?


Superman visited me briefly tonight. He said he'd already visited Barefoot Abby earlier at the hospital as soon as he'd browsed the headline detailing last week's attack. He thanked Barefoot Abby for helping Barefoot Diana last month. He says he's very sorry he didn't come sooner, but he's been extremely busy. He asked if the problem has been dealt with. I assured him it will be soon. He confessed his recent experiences have made him a changed man. Most importantly, he wanted to know why I have such power, and do not use it for the betterment of humankind. I replied, humanity is not my concern.
The moment I take care of the world is the moment that his adopted people don't. He confessed desire to give up his identity and powers once the crisis has passed. I told him he should. He asked why?
I said the world can have a Superman, but it should not need one. He always knew this, but denied it to himself. He said it is time to end this neverending battle. He thanked me for my counsel and flew off quickly into the night sky. When this crisis is over, may Superman find the peace he seeks. And our world must find it without him.


Next:
Barefoot Tefé's Spring Break.
http://swampthingblog.blogspot.com/2006/03/tefs-spring-break.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home