Monday, May 08, 2006

Houma In Flames!

Never, In My Worst Nightmares...


re: Barefoot Tefé Holland wrote at 8:10 P.M. :

"Dad, half the town is burning! Mom and me were camping out back of the house when we heard this terrible loud noise. It shook the hell out of me. Mom said it was an explosion. She says she's heard a lot of them, all from being with you over the years. You guys are so old. There are buildings on fire. Power outage too, she says. Damn! Crap. We're going to go check it out. Mom wants you to stay out of this. We need to barefoot on out of here. I'll watch her back, don't worry. Barefoot Tefé."



re: Barefoot Tefé Holland wrote at 8:18 P.M. :

"A car just blew up right next to us! Mom grabbed me, and she shoved me down to the pavement. She body slammed me, and grabbed my head really hard. She wouldn't get off top of me. Damn, that hurt! Why do parents have to be so crazy and overprotective when you don't need it, and so damned neglectful when you actually do need help? She left me a little scuffed up from it, but I'm not bleeding too much. Mom's running. Got to have to go chase after her now. Why's she running so fast? The hell she's going? She's really pounding her toes of her always bare feet! Wow! Now she's really going! I need to hammer down my own barefoot toes to the street and catch up. Got my barefoot anklets and toe-rings off to run now, better stride fast so I don't lose her. Time to beat my dirty bare feet on this concrete! Get back to you whenever I can, Barefoot Tefé."



re: Barefoot Tefé Holland wrote at 8:55 P.M. :

"I lost track of Mom for a while. She ran inside of a burning building and pulled some little kids out. Firefighters grabbed us and handed us over to the police. Mom refused to leave until the ambulance came for the kids. We're in the back of a police car now. Hope we don't get arrested or some kind of bullshit. Mom was only trying to help. She's covered in soot. Coughing a whole lot. I'll try to clean her up. Barefoot Tefé."



re: Barefoot Tefé Holland wrote at 10:05 P.M. :

"It's all over the TV news! The fires are contained, but they won't stop burning. If this keeps up, the fires will spread again. They sedated Mom and she's asleep now. They're going to move us to another hospital, because this one is crowded and we're not dying or anything, just a little sick from the smoke and crap. Metairie General, I think they said we're going to. We're leaving Houma. Before Mom went to sleep, she said we're going to come back and try to save our home. So we are coming back. She wants me to be brave, but I'm so scared, Dad. I need my powers back. I just hope Nerk and Sissy Bob blew themselves up real good. There's nothing else on TV except for that stupid Booster Gold guy in Metropolis. He finally caught Mammoth. Big deal. Today was hotshot tabloid reporter Jack Ryder's birthday. Hooray for him. Superboy's getting another funeral? Crap! Well, that certainly sucks. Guess we went to Smallville for nothing. Black Adam disarmed a terrorist in Kandaq. Literally. That's funny. I'm tired as hell. Better hit the sack. Love you, Dad.
I'll come out to see you soon. Barefoot Tefé."


Barefoot Abby and Barefoot Tefé are both safe and sound. That's all
I can think about at the moment. My beloved barefoot family is safe.


Next:
Prison Tree Escape.
http://swampthingblog.blogspot.com/2006/05/prison-tree-escape.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home